Life Sciences & Healthcare Data – an exciting high growth market
Why is life sciences & healthcare data important?
AMR believes that data and information play a vital role in the life sciences and healthcare sectors.
- In the pharmaceutical industry, data and information products are increasingly used across the drug development and commercialisation process to increase the success rate of the drug R&D pipeline.
- Clinical decision support, patient engagement, and monitoring tools are being increasingly adopted by healthcare providers to improve the quality of care and patient outcome.
Why is this an exciting market for investors?
The life sciences & healthcare data market is attractive to both corporate and financial investors. This is due to rapid growth fuelled by robust underlying market drivers and the fragmented nature of the vendor landscape.
In life sciences:
- Increasing R&D spend with a high cost of failure, drives demand for data-based decisions at multiple critical decision-making points. This increases the success rate of the R&D pipeline.
- Structured drug development, clinical trials, and commercial data sets can help reduce risk and the time to market.
- The increasing complexity of diseases (e.g., sub-types of cancer) and treatment combinations makes it challenging for clinicians to provide the optimised treatment plan efficiently.
- Most developed countries face an aging population with increasing rates of chronic disease. This is leading to rising healthcare-related costs.
Despite the presence of some established players, the vendor landscape in life sciences & healthcare data remains fragmented. Small players with domain expertise in specific therapeutic (e.g., oncology) or technology areas (e.g., gene therapy, CAR-T) are attractive acquisition opportunities.
Selected recent deals in the life sciences and healthcare data market:
What is the private equity play?
AMR’s Information team sees sustained growth based on positive market drivers in the life science and healthcare data market, indeed private equity players are already active and successful in the arena. AMR believes that private equity will have an increasingly important role to play by supporting accelerated growth in an increasingly complex arena.
We have seen value creation opportunities beyond investment in the core business, these include applying data and skills to develop in adjacencies and also buy and build strategies. The positive market characteristics, along with the aspirations of major corporates and private equity, make for a healthy range of exit options.
AMR’s Information team has built deep expertise across a range of verticals in Workflow Information & Decision Tools.
We have worked consistently with world-leading information groups for over 30 years providing strategy, development, and transaction support. We have also supported 100 private equity funds.
Want more information?
For more insights into the opportunities in the life science & healthcare data market, please contact:
About AMR International
AMR is a boutique strategy consultancy with a 30-year track record in buy and sell-side commercial due diligence, specialising in Technology, Information, and Events. We are proud that clients turn to us for transaction support and strategies that accelerate company growth. AMR has offices in London, New York, Paris, and New Delhi, as well as on-the-ground experience in 40 plus countries.