AMR International is the world leader in strategy consulting to the events and exhibitions industry. Our mission is to create value for our clients and act as a guide for transformation.
We find as the industry matures and consolidates, organisers need to work smarter and harder at curating their events and portfolios. To make this happen, it’s important organisers actively engage with their customers and deliver value to the communities they serve.
It’s also vital to apply new technology (e.g. advanced analytics and digital) and implement progressive management techniques. We see these as essential levers for organisers, so they are not left behind as the events industry transforms.
At AMR we work alongside our clients on this development path.
In addition to group strategy and event strategy, AMR offers support in every aspect of event transformation:
- Performance improvement – We identify strategic and operational inefficiencies and develop solutions, including through our Exhibitions 2.0 set of initiatives. AMR also helps to drive revenues from both existing and new sources, while optimising cost structures. Critically we ensure all this is achieved while enhancing customer satisfaction
- Data analytics – We use advanced and predictive analytics to help organisers enhance the positioning of their events, improve event experiences, and elevate operational efficiency and profitability
- Digital strategy – AMR helps event organisers create and expand revenue streams through digital platforms. We also advise on the use of a wide range of digital tools that enhance the event experience, improve connections between participants, and boost profitability
- Market entry strategy – We evaluate target market conditions, profile competing events, and identify growth opportunities to determine the right event strategy for our clients’ portfolio
- Pricing – We collect and analyse event participant data to create the optimal pricing structure for an event – one which reflects participants’ value perceptions and maximizes sustainable profitability
- Commercial due diligence – We assess target performance, evaluate synergies and review target business plans. In addition, we devise integration plans to ensure sustainable value creation and minimise risk. For more, see transaction support
- Acquisition search – We identify and profile the most attractive acquisition targets for our clients’ long-term growth strategy using client-specific search parameters
Unique, rich data sources
Event organisers and investors turn to AMR for the latest in global exhibitions industry research and data to help shape their growth strategies and performance improvement.
We hold an extensive database, based on 6,000 events, that provides key performance indicators for the industry – enabling us to deliver deep levels of insight
We also regularly publish industry updates on countries and specific sectors. For example, our coverage on the US market can be found in AMR’s white paper: The US exhibitions industry – Developments and opportunities for organizers.
AMR is also the author of Globex – the definitive global exhibitions industry dataset. This annual five-year forecast provides an unbiased comparison between the world’s most important exhibition markets. Globex is also used by the world’s leading event organisers to plan their annual growth strategies.
We also produce the AMR Top 20, using exclusive data from Globex. This is the only global ranking based exclusively on exhibition organising revenue. Plus, it enables exhibition organisers to easily see how they rank in the global events market.
UFI – The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry
AMR is proud to be a longstanding member of UFI.
For further information please contact the AMR team.