AMR examined the sustainability of an online travel agent’s price-driven business model and assessed its performance in a tough economic climate
Client and project overview
Travel Republic invited AMR International’s travel team to provide an independent review of the business and its markets for potential acquirers
- How attractive are Travel Republic’s addressable markets?
- How strong is Travel Republic’s competitive position and how sustainable are its sources of competitive advantage?
- How achievable is management’s business plan?
Highlights of AMR methodology
- AMR provided a fully transparent analysis of the company, including a segmentation of the beach and city-break holiday markets and a detailed review of online performance metrics, combined with an extensive benchmarking exercise
- The analysis was backed by a variety of primary and secondary research methodologies and an online survey of over 10,000 Travel Republic customers
- AMR validated Travel Republic’s growth forecasts and confirmed its strong and improving position in the marketplace
- Following the completion of AMR’s due diligence, and a competitive bidding process, Travel Republic was acquired by Data, a subsidiary of the Emirates Group
“AMR played a key role in the deal process. They understand the travel industry in detail and interacted well with potential investors to give them a clear view of our company and business model. A real pleasure to work with.”
Find out more about AMR’s expertise in technology.