AMR helped a leading conference organiser to adjust its pricing model –and to transform its financial performance
Client and project overview
- A conference for professionals was struggling. It had declining sponsorship sales and had kept delegate fees flat for 10 years due to competition
- It now needed a pricing structure that would allow it to maximise delegate revenues
- How can overall revenue decline be stalled, whilst maintaining delegate attendance levels?
Highlights of AMR’s methodology
- AMR carried out an analysis of historic attendance patterns, delegate data and competitor events
- Combining this analysis with in depth delegate interviews and an online delegate survey, AMR developed a delegate segmentation to inform potential pricing scenarios
- AMR developed a series of pricing scenarios detailing revenue uplift opportunities together with the likely impact on attendance
- AMR also designed an implementation plan to mitigate delegate loss by phasing price increases and improving both marketing and the event itself
- The impact on delegate revenues from the new pricing strategy was c.30% per annum
“AMR did an extremely good job getting to an audience that is very difficult to reach. With our new pricing strategy we went on to achieve an eight x RoI. That’s when you know that a piece of work was worth it.”
Want more information?
For further information on AMR’s unrivalled expertise in Events,