AMR International recently supported a leading global cybersecurity and datacentre VAD in defining its growth strategy which focused on managed security services.
Client and project overview
- The project supported the development of the managed security service provider (MSSP) value chain
- At the time, the client’s management team were unsure of how to further tap into the growing a-a-S markets given the evolution of new consumption models
- The client’s senior team had conflicting views as to which strategy to pursue
- To resolve the issues, the CEO called in AMR to provide strategy support based on developing an in-depth understanding of customer (reseller) needs by segment and vendor strategies
- What are the main pain points of VARs / SI by category and geography?
- What scope is there for providing additional services to the reseller customer base? What is the risk/benefit ratio of each opportunity?
- What are competitor strategies to enter/develop in this market?
- Are there potential partners to consider?
Highlights of AMR methodology
- AMR ran an extensive interview programme across EMEA and the US with traditional and MSSP resellers. Interviews were also held with the senior management of a dozen leading vendors
- In addition, we ran workshops with the client’s executive team to ensure understanding, buy-in and decision-making based on our work
- Within 12 months, the client launched its new MSS service, with promising early customer success.
“Thank you very much for your work and for the quality of the discussions in our final management workshop. We have set a new course.” (CEO)
Want to know more?
For further information, please contact: