AMR provided strategic acquisition advice which supported the growth strategy of a specialist equipment and service provider
Client and project overview
Hamworthy is a market-leading global company providing specialist equipment and services to the marine, oil & gas and industrial sectors. They required strategic acquisition advice on Flow Group (FG), a holding company for four specialist valve businesses selling to the global oil & gas industry
- How large is the market, what are the growth prospects and the competitive landscape?
- Who are the major customers and what is the universe of potential customers?
- How well regarded FG by customers?
- What is the structure of the industry and what are the industry dynamics?
Highlights of AMR methodology
- AMR focused on defining the addressable market and the growth in upstream capex which FG would benefit from
- AMR built up a detailed market model showing FG’s penetration of each segment Results
- AMR’s report addressed the key issues succinctly and unequivocally, and provided clear guidance on where to focus post-acquisition
- AMR was able to show that there was potential to unlock further value by obtaining more product approvals with key end users and contractors