AMR recently supported a tech-focused private equity fund in assessing the transformation and growth plans of a VAR transitioning to MSSP.
This commercial due diligence (CDD) project involved us clearly defining the asset’s value creation potential and relevant risks. Our work enabled the client to gain confidence in its investment thesis.
Client and project overview
- AMR supported a European tech-focused private equity fund’s evaluation of a Northern Europe-based cybersecurity value-added reseller (VAR) transitioning to managed security service provider (MSSP)
- Fundamentally, our client was seeking guidance on the equity story
- How is the cybersecurity market changing and how will the SOC-as-a-service segment develop?
- What are the differentiating technology attributes for SOCaas providers?
- What is the relevance, improvement potential, and outlook for the target’s chosen MSSP channel strategy?
- What are the most promising and realistic growth avenues across new products, customer segment penetration, and geographic expansion?
Highlights of AMR methodology
- AMR used its experience of cybersecurity strategies and technology lifecycle to provide a realistic assessment of the target’s revenue streams
- We tapped into its network of senior personnel across vendors, distributors, and resellers in EMEA and US to offer insight into the channel ecosystem
- AMR quantified the addressable market opportunity for SOCaas providers to delineate market share and headroom for the asset
- We assessed the strength of the asset’s channel partnerships across geographies and highlighted execution considerations needed for scaling
- Overall, AMR clearly defined the asset’s value creation potential and relevant risks, helping the client gain confidence in its investment thesis
Want to know more?
Read a case study on how AMR developed a growth strategy for a leading cybersecurity VAD
For further information, please contact: