AMR advised RFE on acquiring S+E, the pre-packaged merger of Stagnito Business Information and Edgell Communications. The combined assets represent the most comprehensive business media and information resource serving the CPG, apparel, hospitality and broad retail markets
“AMR’s depth of research was excellent, they gave us the insights we were looking for.”
Michael Rubel, Managing Director, RFE Investment Partners
- Is the performance of the key properties sustainable?
- How strong are Stagnito and Edgell’s largest assets relative to competition?
- What is the health and outlook of the served market niches?
- What is the potential for top-line synergies between the two businesses?
- Stagnito offers important media channels for audiences within the sustainable grocery / supermarket sector. It organises valuable content-driven events and issues Progressive Grocer, the clear market leader among B2B retail publications. It can accelerate revenue growth by improving and monetising its digital offering
- Edgell is a strong performer, benefiting from tech growth in its sustainable sectors of retail and hospitality. Focusing on an attractive advertiser vertical, the company has been growing with the market at c. 6%, driven by print assets with a distinctive focus and must-attend events in a space with limited competition
- The two businesses have a demonstrated ability to retain and grow their core. Executing against identified top-line synergies offers potential to generate significant upside. Among the immediate avenues to pursue is addressing a clear need for Edgell advertisers to reach the decision makers Stagnito addresses in print, and using Stagnito’s fragmented CPG advertiser base as a prolific source of attendees for Edgell events
How AMR helped
AMR identified the sources of growth for the two assets and confirmed their sustainability by analysing KPIs and conducting in-depth interviews with customers and market experts. AMR provided a clear understanding of the two businesses’ competitive positioning and validated the positive outlook of their underlying markets. AMR assessed the potential for top-line synergies, identified concrete cross-sell prospects and highlighted the opportunities and challenges associated with developing an integrated media offering
About AMR International
AMR operates at the leading-edge of the convergence of content, services and technology across the full spectrum of the information economy. We support leading corporations as they navigate profound changes, facing the constant challenge of disruption. AMR also regularly supports financial and strategic acquirers to assess opportunities through our commercial due diligence services
For more information on how AMR can support you with M&A advice and growth strategy, please contact Denzil Rankine